I am a Licensed Psychologist in New York City with a small practice in Manhattan (Chelsea). My office is located at 133 West 25th Street Suite 4E, New York, NY. My license is for New York State and I serve as a Board Member for the State Board of Psychology for New York State. Since 2001, I have had a private practice working with children, adolescents, adults, and families.
I specialize in work with those impacted by adoption but I also work with issues related to racial, cultural, and identity concerns.
Some of my clients have been:
- adult adoptees
- children and adolescents who were adopted domestically, internationally, or transracially
- adoptive parents
- multiracial adults
- individuals coping with loss, depression, identity concerns, anxiety, and other adjustment issues
My training is as a Counseling Psychologist. I earned my Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1999. I have been in independent practice in New York City since 2001.
I have extensive experience in working with adoption-related concerns. Some highlights of my training are below:
- Psychotherapist for adoption cultural camp (Camp Sejong) in Blairstown, NJ for 4 years. Provided group therapeutic experiences for Korean adoptees related to self-esteem and adoption.
- Per Diem Psychologist for the Post-Graduate Center for Mental Health in New York City. Worked with adults, adolescents, and families.
- Doctoral Psychology Intern at Gouverneur Hospital on the Lower East Side of New York City. Worked with children, adolescents, and adults in Gouverneur Hospital’s Adult Service, the Child and Adolescent Unit, the Young Adult Outreach Team, and the Asian Bi-Cultural Clinic.
- Doctoral Internship rotation at Bellevue Hospital inpatient adult unit.
- Clinical supervisor for master’s counseling students at Michigan State University.
- Extensive pre-doctoral clinical training in multicultural counseling issues at the Multi-Ethnic Counseling Center Alliance (MECCA) at Michigan State University.
- Clinical training in outpatient clinical services for low income, ethnic minority, and chronically mentally ill individuals and families at Community Support Services at the Community Mental Health Center in Lansing, Michigan.
- Employed as a psychiatric emergency services relief therapist at the CMHC in Lansing, Michigan doing crisis intervention, mobile crisis assessment and diagnosis, and assessments for inpatient hospitalizations.
- Trained at a college counseling center at Michigan State University and provided therapy and assessment for college students.
- Trained as an intern counselor at Family Counseling Services in Athens, GA. Provided brief and long-term therapy for couples, families, children, adolescents, and adults.